Specialist Carpets for Education and Schools
Flooring design plays an important role in creating stimulating learning environments, which is why it is so important to find a hard wearing carpet that can withstand the demanding school environment that retains its appearance for many years.
Our durable, fibre bonded carpets are ideal for schools, academies, colleges and universities. Choose from a wide range of colours, textures and finishes to create striking carpet designs and engaging environments that provide the very best learning opportunities.
Make the right first impression by choosing a bespoke entrance design for your reception area. You can even customise your entrance area as school logos can be inserted within the carpet, creating eye-catching and aesthetically pleasing designs.
Our colourful carpet tiles can be used to create bright and contrasting ‘zones’ in classrooms and corridors, helping pupils to navigate the building and understand the function and purpose of specific areas. And if you need a temporary solution to transform your sports hall or cafeteria for proms, exams and concerts, EXPO tiles could be the answer.
You can download our Education Flooring brochure here.
Why Choose Fibre Bonded Carpets?
- A fibre bonded carpet won’t ravel or fray
- Guaranteed to last for 10 years but proven to last much longer
- Specialist products developed for areas such as entrances, receptions and corridors
- Can I remove chewing gum from classroom and corridor carpets? Yes, we recommend Prochem Citrus Gel or for larger areas Prochem Bazooka. A full guide to stain removal can be viewed here.
- How do I find a reputable flooring contractor to fit my school carpet? Our local area manager will have a list of contractors who have fitted Heckmondwike carpet in schools in your area or you can visit the Contract Flooring Association (CFA) for members close to your school.
- Can I use fibre bonded carpet on school stairs? Yes, Supacord is often used on stairs in schools however the use of stair nosings is necessary.
- Our budget is limited, what is the most cost-effective way to carpet a large school library and learning resource centre? Fibre bonded sheet carpet is the lowest cost floorcovering for large school areas. With low installation costs, a limited budget can stretch a long way with products like Iron Duke or Supacord.
Why choose Heckmondwike?
Our Yorkshire manufactured carpet has been used in schools for over 30 years and many schools and councils would recommended Supacord based on their experience of using the product for many years.
We invest in testing our products to all the industry standards for flammability, wear and sound absorption so you can use our carpet in your school confidently. We take our environmental responsibilities seriously and our Supacord, Broadrib, Montage, Momentum and Wellington Velour all get a BREEAM A+ for use in schools
Our knowledge of manufacturing and supplying fibre bonded carpets to schools is unrivalled in the UK. With a low staff turnover, we can offer an established team who are always available to offer advice, support and recommendations based on many years of expertise in the use of fibre bonded carpets in schools